Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blueberries and Cream Pie

Yesterday I came across some blueberries in the freezer.  Not enough for a cobbler, but I really wanted to make a dessert.  Then I found cream cheese. 

This is what I made:



I made a pie crust and pre-baked it for a few minutes. You can use a refridgerated store bought one if you wish.  Preheat oven to 400.

1 block cream cheese, softened
1 egg
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp AP flour

Cream these together till well blended.

2 1/2 c frozen blueberries (or fresh would be fine)

Stir berries into cream cheese mixture.  Pour into pie shell.  Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

Mix together:

1 1/2 Tbsp butter, softened
3 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp chopped walnuts

Remove pie from oven.  Sprinkle nut mixture over pie and bake 10 more minutes.

Let cool on counter, then chill in fridge.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment