Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Know It's Just a House...But...

We had an offer on our house yesterday.

Naturally it was low and we are counter offering with something higher.

I should be excited, right? I mean, this is something we have been working on for years...selling this house and moving out to the country.

But I'm not. Well, I am a little. I am nervous. I'm a little overwhelmed.

And I'm sad to leave.

This is the house I brought my babies home to...where they learned to walk and talk. 

Would the new owners care that I charted my children's growth on the back of  my son's bedroom door?  That we have a pet rabbit, guinea pig and two pet parakeets buried in the flower beds? 

It's where my kids hunted Easter eggs, woke up to every Christmas morning of their little lives and where they trick or treated from.

So many memories are tied up in this house.

It's making it hard to look forward to the new and exciting.

1 comment:

  1. I can't say I know how you feel because we haven't experienced that yet. But -- I can only imagine what it must feel like. Just know that while you are saying goodbye to the physical of the house, you will ALWAYS have the memories from that house. I'm sure you have oodles of pictures, and hopefully they will keep the memories alive for your all. Hang in there...remember, GOD is in control. HIS plan is perfect!

    ReplyDelete