Monday, January 17, 2011

My 'Hood Runneth Over

Homeschool moms all agree...neighborhood kids are a priceless commodity.  It's music to my ears to hear my kids say "I'm going to play with _____!" as they head out the door. I don't have to drive them anywhere.  I don't have to be a constant presence.  It's like they have the opportunities to have great fun or make incredibly bad choices, but hey, it's all on them.

This past weekend my kids discovered a new family a few houses down.  They have 10 kids. *AND* they homeschool.  And one of my most wonderful friends gave them a thumbs up, as she already knows them through a homeschool group they both belong to.

Best of all-I literally prayed the other day that some homeschooled kids would move into our neighborhood.  Ask, and you shall receive. My 'hood runneth over!

1 comment:

  1. Your hood does runneth over!! Now let's get praying for my hood!! LOL

    ReplyDelete