Saturday, January 29, 2011

Outsmarted

It's January and I think I just got my first sunburn of the year.  I couldn't WAIT to get out there and prune some shrubs, dig some weeds, and generally play in the dirt. :) 

When it's nice like this I love to open windows and allow fresh air into the house. I also open our back door, as we have a screened in porch and the open door really allows for some good breezes to come through.

It also allows critters to come through.

A little Carolina wren thought my house looked like a GREAT place to build a nest, so he flew right on in!  And then flew into my bed room! 

I grabbed the kids 'fishing net' they use at the beach for minnows and raced into the room.  I shut all the closet doors, and poised myself for attack.  As I stood there, that little bird flew right up and landed on the edge of my net.  And sat there.  I was perplexed for a moment...I had him right where I wanted him,...yet, he was impossible to catch.  I was outsmarted by a bird.

Eventually I did net him and out the door he went.  I wonder what he's telling all his little birdie friends right now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment