Friday, February 10, 2012

Conversation Hearts Aren't Just For Conversations



I can't tell you how many boxes of these my kids get every year...and how many get thrown out.  Aside from the yellow ones, I really don't care to eat them either!

But you can use them for school fun...

Like arranging them in order to make silly sentences!

Give each kid a box and have them graph the different colors.  Then have them work on mean, median and mode.

For younger kids, use them as a unit of measure.  Draw a large heart shape and have them glue the hearts around the edge of the heart to determine perimeter.  Then fill in the shape and determine area.

Count how many nouns, pronouns, verbs, prepositions there are on all the hearts in the box.

How about you?  Do you have any fun, crafty ideas for those chalky little hearts? Or do you like to eat them?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we eat them! They never make it to the "fun, crafty" phase in our house. We have favorite colors, though. It's all very elementary. My personal faves are the white ones, and I CANNOT ABIDE the green ones. I'll be happy to start a conversation with you any time! ;) (JEH)

    ReplyDelete