Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentines Day




I love Valentine's Day! (No pun intended...)

One of the things I loved when I was a kid was the Valentine party at school.  We all made our own little mail boxes for the Valentines we may OR may NOT get...remember those days?  When you only gave Valentines to the people you liked?  Made for a much more interesting event than today, when everyone is giving everyone else a Valentine, simply because to not do so would apparently send someone to the therapist's couch in later years. 

And remember when the Valentines had actual little white envelopes to put the Valentines in?  I must have been a slightly weird kid, because I thought those little white envelopes are what made the Valentine.  It was like getting actual mail.  I've always loved getting actual mail.

So here we are ,homeschoolers.  But guess what?  We have been invited to  more Valentines parties than you can shake a stick at!  And my girl has constructed the cutest ever Valentine box and is filling out two boxes of little cards.  And we have already made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting because doggone it....Valentines day is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate?

So my question to you is this:  What are some special things you do for your family on Valentines Day?  Do you fix a special meal?  Do you have something special for the kids?  I'll admit, the older the kids get, the more difficult this is. 

What are your family traditions when it comes to Valentines Day?

1 comment:

  1. lol! We had our Valentine's party today and my 6 yr old got ONE Valentine in an envelope. The rest were either flat cards or folded in half with a sticker. Guess which one she thought was the coolest? Yeppers, the enveloped one! Made a note to myself to hunt down the enveloped ones for next year! Lol! Personally, I loved the photo card one mom made of her kids holding their hands out...into their hands were real lollipops! Too cute! My youngest has been working hard on a needlepoint pic for her True Love (Daddy, of course!). She also has plans for us to make a heart shaped cake (1 square pan, check; 1 round pan, check). Red velvet cake with pink icing.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete