Thursday, June 2, 2011

10 Things I Learned About Myself Memorial Day Weekend

1.  How much I enjoy spending time away from technology.  The lake house we stayed in had no tv, no radio, no phone and I kept my cell phone in the car.  Heaven!

2.  I had to make myself sit still and read a book on the shaded porch.  I have a hard time sitting still these days.

3.  My kids have reached the age where I can let them loose on the dock with out me being right there on top of them.  Again...Heaven!

4.  I have hook baiting skills.  Only with worms though.

5.  I can clean catfish with out throwing up.

6.  I am better at cleaning catfish than my husband.  Although I will give him that chore any time.

7.  Even though we can't see the bottom of the lake, caught all kinds of critters and suspected snakes to be lurking near by, when you get hot enough, jumping in the lake is wonderful.

8.  Walking up and down a steep hill to the lake is a great workout for your buns.

9.  Nothing tastes better than eating watermelon while watching fireflies buzz around.

10.  I truly enjoy spending time with my family, away from it all.  I can't wait to get back there again!

1 comment:

  1. We did the beach thang...but I found myself missing the lake. Which lake did y'all visit?

    ReplyDelete