Saturday, January 21, 2012

Patience, Grasshopper

Blogging is cathartic.  It is. 

Any of you who are personal friends of mine know of what's become known as the Great Carpet Debacle of 2012.  Where we were told we would have new carpet on the 13th of January. It's since been moved to the 25th.  And being the frugal folks we are, we opted to save money and move all our furniture and tear up the old carpet.

We did this on the 10th I believe.

This is how I have been existing since then:

 Here is our classroom.  Empty because its contents and the contents of 3 other bedrooms have been distributed all over the house.





 Dining room...





 Foyer....(the globe, lady bug house and books give us away.  Geeky homeschoolers.)






 Living room....





 Kitchen.....(I love the bb guns on top of the book shelf.)






 The dining room is now the dining room/ class room/ depository of toys, bookshelves and closet doors.





Forget "eat-in kitchen"...we have a "LIVE in kitchen"!


Some days I laugh about it.  Most days I want to cry.

The 25th can't get here fast enough.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch. Hope there are no SNAFUs on the 25th. I envy you this problem, though. Aside from the closet doors, you described my kitchen/dining/school/craft room to a "T". I would thrill to have a dedicated home school room! JEH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's the 26th! I picture you lying in the middle of the rug crying with relief. lol! Lisa W

    ReplyDelete