Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Give Up.

During my son's piano lessons my daughter and I usually watch television in the den of the instructors home.  That is where we got hooked on 'The Chew'.  I have to say...I love this show.

Anyway, the theme this week was Mother's Day, and in accordance with that, Clinton Kelly pulled three moms from the audience to perform style 'Mom Makeovers'.

As with all makeovers, there is the depressing 'before' shot. 

One mom was dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans.  "This is a look that says 'I GIVE UP.'" spouts Clinton.

I looked down at what I was wearing.  Teeshirt and cut off jeans, flip flops to round out the whole ensemble.

Then the big reveal.  Mom comes out looking faboo in some cute wedge shoes and a colorful frock.

Me: "Well Lauren...does my look say "I give up?"

Lauren: (rolling her eyes) "She's a MOM.  Why does she need to look all 'fancy' when she is cleaning toilets?"

Me: (Thinking to Self...my goodness she is soooo my child..) "I like the way you think.  I think I'll keep you around."

Still...part of me longs for those cute clothes.  Even if only the Tidy Bowl Man can appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment