Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Update From the 'Beach'

Man, I wish I *was* at the beach! 

Nope, I am referring to the South Beach Diet plan that I have been on. 

It's been about a week.....

and I have lost 6 pounds. <Crowd goes wild...>

The best part?  I haven't really craved sweets at all.  Since I am allowed to have sugar-free Jello, that has kept the Sugar Monster at bay.

Bread is another story...I'm a bread and pasta girl.

The other best part? I haven't even felt hungry, in fact, there are days I make myself eat a snack to keep my blood sugar levels even.

Some little things that I have found to be tasty are:

a slice of Swiss cheese and a slice of ham, rolled up with a little Dijon mustard.

Greek yogurt as a substitute for mayo in chicken salad.

Pepperoncini pepper juice and olive oil make a pretty good vinaigrette dressing when you run out of balsamic vinegar. If you like spicy stuff that is.

I'm still on the strictest part of the plan, Phase 1, which forbids any bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, crackers, corn, and sugar.  This should continue for another week, then onto Phase 2 where whole grains are introduced.

The one thing I am a little tired of is eggs.  I have had a variety of 'omlettes' every morning, but an egg is still an egg.  I've never been so excited about the prospect of high fiber cereal or oatmeal for breakfast!

I am so pleased with the results of this eating plan.  No hunger, no raging cravings, weight loss and just the overall healthier feeling I have experienced have made this a winner in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment