Thursday, May 5, 2011

10 Things I Learned From Motherhood

1.  You really don't need sleep as much as you THINK you do.

2.  No matter how grody it is...it all washes off.  Usually.

3.  I can clean up puke and eat a cookie at the same time.

4.  No matter how angry you get at your kids, when they smile and tell you "I love you Mom!" you can't help but smile. 

5.  That I truly could rip the throat and beating heart out of any one or any thing that would ever harm them.  With my bare hands. 

6.  Forget gold and diamonds....those little crummy crafts made out of paste and glitter...those take my breath away.

7.  I now understand why my mom always bought stuff for me when we went shopping together.  It's much more fun to buy something for them.

8.  I never knew I could ever worry about how much another human being ate or pooped... or didn't eat and didn't poop.

9.  That kids, when they get their feelings hurt, get over it in a matter of minutes.  I, on the other hand, hang onto it like a dog with a bone.

10.  If it all got blown away-the house, the car, everything-if I still had those little turkeys by my side...I'd be the wealthiest woman on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment