Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Don't Just Hear It...Believe It!

“If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought.” James 1: 1-5

I love when I open the Bible or come across Scripture that makes me feel like God is high-fiving my forehead and telling me "This is for YOU, Knucklehead."   The above Scripture is one of those.

I am the kind of person who hates asking for help.  I don't *think* I am a control freak.  Maybe just a little.  The real reason I hate asking for help is I don't want to put anyone else out with my problems.  People have enough problems of their own.  They don't want to deal with mine.

So I came across that Scripture this morning and got the high-five forehead smack from God. 

It was uplifting.  It was just what I needed to hear.

Maybe some of you need to hear it too.  Not just hear it but BELIEVE it.

Thanks, God.

1 comment:

  1. love that head smack from the Lord. :o) You know, I am starting to discover that not only is He willing to help us and WANTS us to ask, He also places people in our lives who love us and WANT to help us when we need it. Asking for help is hard, remembering that everyone is walking more closely with God when they are helping others helps me to let go of my pride a little and ask...sometimes ;o)
    Love ya,
    Val

    ReplyDelete