Monday, May 16, 2011

Goodbye, Facebook

I deactivated my Facebook account.  Lent was a big eye opener for me. (For those of you who are new to my blog, I cut out Facebook for Lent and surprisingly...I enjoyed not being there.)

The main reason I deactivated was I saw what a waste of time being on Facebook was.  Not that I was on there 24 hours a day, but the time I spent on there I would always think in the back of my mind "That was 30 minutes I could have spent cleaning the toilet."  Or "That was 15 minutes I could have spent reading with my children."

In my post-Lent return to Facebook it seemed I was seeing it through different eyes.  I saw people disrespecting their spouses.   I saw words get twisted and tempers flare.  I saw feelings get hurt over misperceptions of other's posts. 

And it dawned on me that I was taking time away from my family to contribute to something that was hurtful to people... intentionally and unintentionally.  Which is a shame. 

So I deactivated.

I think there are some people who think I am angry at them or others,  That's not the case at all.

I just want to spend my time in the 'real world' with people who love me and whom I love. I want my conversations with others to be personal and intentions to be clear. I don't want to waste another minute.

1 comment:

  1. :( I miss seeing your posts. I wish you could just delete the negative people and keep those of us that want to be a happy addition to your life.

    ReplyDelete