Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Conflicted

The local private school up the road is offering classes for homeschoolers-art, science, music, math...all kinds. 

Part of me says..."YAY! Where do I sign up?"

Part of me says... "This will be great for my children's accountability and independence."

Part of me says... "Wow.  That's kind of a lot of money.  We could use that money for field trips, vacations, fun stuff for school."

Part of me says... "But I don't want to be the only one of my little homeschooling group NOT joining.  I don't want to be left out."

Part of me says... " We could join 4-H and have the same types of classes but with less money and less time invested."

Part of me says... "I don't like the idea of two days a week being out of the house away from our true schooling."

Part of me says... " My kids would love it!"

Part of me says... "We would have to eat Ramen noodles and beans for a year to afford it."

I'm feeling conflicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment