Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Love Affair With My Slow Cooker



This week's menus are all about my slow cooker. 

Can I get an "Amen"?

We have the following options:

Creamy Broccoli Soup with homemade rolls

Swiss Steak and Egg Noodles with salad

French Dip Sandwiches  with Fresh Fruit on the side

Braised Chicken Breast with Israeli Couscous (Couscous with golden raisins, toasted almonds, and green onions added)


Of course it's just the main course that gets the slow cooker treatment.  But it only takes a few minutes to prep a side dish or salad (barring the rolls of course...but those yeast rolls are so worth the time it takes!  And with my Kitchen Aid mixer with a dough attachment...the actual mixing time is only a few minutes.  The bulk of the time goes into rising, which I consider free time. :)  )

Are you having a fling with your slow cooker right now?  Have you whispered words of love to it lately?  If not, Fall is the perfect time to rekindle the flame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment