Friday, March 9, 2012

The FLY-Lady Made Me Do It

Ahhh...Spring.  Time for all of us ladies to think gardens, flowers, and Spring cleaning.

Here's my little secret weapon...the FLY-Lady.

Never heard of her?  Here's a link to her blog   http://flylady.net/

She is an online organizational coach that helps to inspire and motivate us to get rid of the clutter and manage our housekeeping so that it doesn't take over our lives.

What I love about the FLY-Lady is her approach...which is basically to set a timer for 15 minutes and do what you can in that time span. When the timer stops, you stop.  Otherwise you would get overwhelmed while de-cluttering that junk drawer or cabinet and just shut down altogether!

She breaks up your house into zones.  You only focus on one zone a week, and just maintain the clutter in the rest of the house.  For instance, this week the zone was the kitchen. She supplies deep cleaning lists for each zone, which I love because who ever thinks to dust the vent cover in the bathroom?  Or to look for cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling?  

She also has little special 'missions' for each day... yesterday for me was to spend 15 minutes sorting through my plastic containers, throwing out those that had no lids or lids with no container and stacking them neatly. All it took was 15 minutes and my cabinet looked awesome!

Any way, by the end of the week, that zone has been cleaned from top to bottom and the next week you move to the next zone.  Eventually, if you stick to the schedule, you have a super clean house which is SO much easier to manage with light cleaning!

I suppose what I like the best about this whole thing is that it is a no-brainer.  All I have to do is go onto her website, find my zone and cleaning list and my daily mission and go to it. 

She even has a FLY kids section to give your kids a 'mission'...for instance, "Set a timer for 10 minutes, go all around the house and gather up what ever belongs in your room.  Then go put it away!" 

Hop on over to the FLY-Lady's website today and get motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment