Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mini Veggie Frittatas


One thing I enjoy as a homeschooling mom is that I have time to fix healthy breakfasts for my kids.  Here is one that they loved so I thought I would share!

First, let me just say that I LOVE frozen, chopped veggies.  They make my life so easy in the kitchen.

Mini Veggie Frittatas
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach (loose packaged...not the spinach-cicle in a box)
1/2 cup frozen chopped onions
1/2 cup frozen chopped broccoli
1/2 cup each diced ham and real bacon crumbles (found in the salad section, not to be confused with Bacon-bits.  This is the real thing, baby!)
5 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375.
Spray muffin tins (I used 8 cups in the pan, so spray about half of the cups) with non-stick spray.  Put all the frozen chopped veggies in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for about 2-3 minutes, stopping every minute or so to check the broccoli for tenderness.  Mix into beaten eggs.  Stir in bacon and ham.  Fill as many muffin cups as you can, about 3/4 full.  Bake for about 15 minutes until puffed up and when touched, feel springy. (may take a little longer than 15 minutes.)

Remove from heat and sprinkle cheese on while hot. 

We served ours with cantaloupe, fresh pineapple and whole wheat toast.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment