Thursday, July 21, 2011

OOPS, I Did it Again

Ahhh, late summer, when a homeschool mom's thoughts return to school....

...and extracurricular activities. 

Don't you hate when you hear about all this fantastic stuff that's going on for homeschoolers and you sign your kids up for all this stuff and then you can't fall asleep at night because you lie there hyperventilating, wondering "How am I going to do this??  When will we have school?  My kids need the socialization, the hands-on, the experience...." yet the next day something ELSE comes up and OH MY GOSH sign me up sign me up SIGN!ME!UP!

Or is that just me?  Oh. Ok.

Anyone who thinks that homeschool kids just sit at home all the time has no idea what they are talking about.  My kids have been known to ask, with slumped, exhausted shoulders and glazed, twitching eyes..."Do we HAVE to GO anywhere today?" 

But there are just so many wonderful opportunities for them!  And so many are free or almost free.  And we truly enjoy them.  So we do them.  It's one of the reasons I wanted to homeschool...to get my kids out into the world so they can experience LIFE in it's purest form.  So I put on my roller skates and jet pack and off we go.

I just wish I could do it all with out feeling like I am being squeezed.

No comments:

Post a Comment