Monday, July 11, 2011

Seventy-Seven Times

"I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."  Jesus Christ

Who knows the question that is the answer to?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller? Bueller?

It's how many times we are supposed to forgive someone.

Any of you who follow this thing I call a blog might have read about the kids up the street treating my son like garbage.  Boys who were once friends -two of whom were considered his BEST friends- decided to tell him he was worthless. 

Here's an update.

My son has had nothing to do with any of them.  Cold turkey.  He has had a great summer enjoying his homeschool group of friends and really hasn't missed these other kids.

Now certain kids have been banned from playing at neighbor's houses.  One has moved away.  Now some of them want to be friends with my son again.

At first, the momma bear inside me want to growl and tell him to never speak to those turkeys again. 

But, alas, what does Jesus tell us?  Seventy seven times.  I can't argue with that.

So he went and played some backyard baseball with them and had a great time.

However...if he comes home again feeling like a huge ZERO, I might have to dig up the Biblical quote about not being anyone's 'punching bag' either.

But for now...it feels good to forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment