Hear that noise? Shhhh...listen closely...
It's my hiney puckering because we are discussing selling our house and building another one.
I'm a frugal woman. The thought of spending money to this magnitude makes me uneasy. So I bury my head in research and opinions to take my mind off of my feelings.
Basically, I want answers to the following:
1. Our house we live in now needs new carpet desperately. Yes, we are selling it, but I am of the opinion the house would sell faster and for slightly more if it were move in ready. But I don't want to get the very best carpet either....that's a lot of money. Thoughts?
2. Is it really more cost effective to do a lot of the building yourself? Sure, we can hang our own dry wall and paint, hang cabinets, etc. But it will take longer for us to do it. Thoughts?
3. I have watched Holmes on Homes too many times. I don't trust any contractor as far as I can throw them. How does one find a great contractor?
4. Do I really need to finish all of the little things that are not 'perfect' in this house before selling? Or just clean and paint and make it look shiny?
5. Am I insane for even worrying about any of this during the holidays? Hmm?
If any of you have ANY experience building your own home, please...share your advice.