Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dressed for Success



I subscribe to Alpha Omega's newsletters via email, and they are always inspirational to me.  The other day I received one about being 'dressed for success', and boy...was I convicted!

The author suggested that homeschooling moms should try to dress nicely everyday.  Not 'dressy', but a nice blouse, slacks or a skirt, etc.  In other words...quit just throwing your hair into a pony tail and slopping around in those baggy sweats!

I'm like you.  Who cares?  Who is going to see me if we stay home all day?  What difference does it make if I look nice or like a slob?

Then I read futher.

She posed the question, what would you do if your child went to school...or for that matter if *you* were in school...and the teacher showed up everyday in baggy sweatpants and a ponytail?  Would you take them seriously?  Would you trust them to teach you the serious subjects?

Ouch.  That stung.  She really had a point...and boy did I feel it!

Just so you know, today I am wearing nice jeans, a 3/4 sleeve top, and I have make up on.  Oh, and my hair is fixed.  So when we go on our field trip to the county landfill this afternoon I can be taken seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment