Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Menu: Monster Eyes and Witch Fingers

Monster Eyes:

Jumbo shell pasta, boiled according to package
ricotta cheese
meatballs
marinara
sliced black olives

Pour 1/4 c sauce into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.  Arrange the shell pasta in the pan.  Fill each with 1tsp ricotta, then stuff with 1 meatball in each, topping each meatball with an olive slice.  Pour marinara over all, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees until heated through.

Witch Fingers

Canned breadstick dough
sliced almonds
green food color
parmesan cheese and garlic salt

Cut each strip of dough into 'finger' sized strips.  Twist until knobby and lay on prepared sheet pan.  Press one almond slice on the tip of each 'finger', then brush the almond with green food color mixed with a tad bit of water.  Sprinkle with garlic and cheese and bake according to directions on breadstick package.

Great for sopping up the monster blood.  :P

7 comments:

  1. Love it! LOOK, I can comment again! Go figure. ; ) Lisa W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lisa! I love your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, thought of you when I typed this tonight. I was telling my sis about my homeschool group's recent "middle school girls social". I thought of you when I typed it. lol.

    Homeschooling moms like to jokingly describe themselves as "curriculum junkies" when really we are dorks. With a competitive streak in academics. But mainly, we're dorks.

    OH, and I'm totally making these creepy things!!! I can picture the monster eyes!!!
    Lisa W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because what I was trying to say is that being a bonafide dork can land you THE best job on the planet and scads of contentment, tyvm. Just in case it wasn't totally obvious. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    LLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are going to be FABU!!! I will add these to my repertoire, along with the cheese fingers (string cheese, cut in half, pare out three teensy slices short way about half along the length for the knuckle, and place a bit of green pepper at the end for a finger nail. They are actually pretty realistic, and make convenient appetizers.)
    JEH

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lisa...I am a huge dork...even before I ever homeschooled! lol! These monster eyes really do look like nasty, bloody monster eyes, too. And the trick to the witch fingers is to find the broken and ragged almond slices...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't think you'd be offended, but when it's so late at night, one never knows! My high school clique could best be described as Condescending Smart Kids. (aka Totally Insecure Immature Geeks). lol.
    Totally going to make these. My sis is coming to town next weekend, and it's the perfect time to do a "trial run" before a Halloween party! Yay!
    LLW

    ReplyDelete