Monday, October 17, 2011

Rekindling That Old Flame Named...Crocheting



I haven't crocheted in years...until I saw this pattern...and I knew I had to try it out.




Totally cute and super easy!  Now my daughter has been practicing her stitches in all of her free time. 

I used to love crocheting.  Back in the day when I was younger and all of my friends were of the baby producing age, I crocheted countless booties, blankets, sweaters.  It was Zen-like...I could zone out for an hour or two (or three) and contemplate my thoughts in time with the under-over, in-out of the hook in the plush, colorful yarn. 

I'm excited my girl wants to take this hobby up!  I was even more excited when she shared that she would like to make hats and scarves for the homeless or children who have lost their hair due to cancer.

Who wants to join me?  I encourage all of you crafters out there to start thinking of the Holiday season and use the talents God gave you to show warmth and compassion for others.  Doing something you love for those who need love...it's a win-win situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment